50 WAYS TO LEAVE YOUR LAYER
Saturday May 4, 2019
Okay. Maybe not 50. But a lot. In this workshop, you will be putting your paint playlist on repeat as we go through a series of paint layering techniques that you can apply to all your creative projects. Everybody will be provided with a journal to work in that we will fill up, page after page, with layered backgrounds. Additive and subtractive paint techniques, properties of acrylic paint, mark making, application strategies, and much more will be included. In the end, you will leave with a new journal that you can keep as a technique reference manual or continue to work in to complete your journal pages in your own personal style.
Student Supply List
- Fluid acrylic paint (favorite colors, both opaque and translucent
- Black and white gesso
- Chip brushes (1/2 and 1 inch brushes work well)
- Water container and paint palette
- Permanent Ink Pads (Assorted colors, StazOn or Archival)
- Craft sponges
- Water mister
- Mark makers (paint pens, gel pens, pencils, markers, crayons, etc)
- Heat gun (optional)
I will be providing a journal for each participant plus a number of mixed media supplies not listed. In addition, I am bringing the following to share but you are welcome to bring your own as well: unmounted rubber stamps, stencils, permanent ink pads, and textured material.
Kit Fee: $10.00