Writing Yourself - A Workshop of Self Discovery
Gold Coast, Australia
Open, honest writing changes lives, especially the life of the writer. Many studies have confirmed what those who keep a journal already know: a consistent writing practice can improve our physical, mental and emotional health.
Writing clarifies. Writing empowers. Writing heals.
In this workshop, author Scott Stabile will guide you through writing exercises designed to help you unlock deeper truths about yourself, so that you can approach your life with a clearer and more expansive understanding of who you are and what you need in order to live a freer, more fully realized life.
- Here are some of the themes we’ll focus on:
- Developing a new relationship with fear so that it no longer controls us.
- Embracing vulnerability and overcoming shame.
- Using empathy to deepen connections and invite forgiveness.
- Working with anger so that we can release it.
- Discovering our most authentic selves.
- Recognizing love as our greatest healer.
Whether you write every day, or have never used writing as a tool for personal growth, you will benefit from this opportunity to connect deeply with your inner voice. The focus here is not on grammar or technique, but on honest and brave internal exploration, and the belief that writing of this nature can lead to self-discovery and personal empowerment.
Along with the targeted writing exercises, Scott will lead class discussion and share the unfiltered, compassionate insights to which his many readers and listeners have become accustomed.
Absolutely no writing experience necessary to benefit from the insights you’ll discover in this workshop. Please bring a journal or notebook, and above all, a willingness to be honest with yourself.