MODERN BRUSH LETTERING
Saturday May 4, 2019
Come spend the day learning how to brush letter! You will start with learning how to hold and use a brush specifically for lettering. There are ways to position your hands, fingers and paper to achieve the best results. Then you will dive into the letters themselves, using step-by-step instructions. By the end of the day, you will have all the basics you need to create beautiful lowercase letters of the alphabet.
Tombow brush markers in the following sizes:
- Fudenosuke Brush Pen, Soft Tip, Black – SKU# 82039 https://tombowusa.com/fudenosuke-brush-pen-broad-tip-black.html
- Fudenosuke Brush Pen, Hard Tip, Black – SKU# 82038 https://tombowusa.com/fudenosuke-brush-pen-fine-tip-black.html
- Dual Brush Pen – SKU# 56XXX https://tombowusa.com/craft/lettering/dual-brush-pen.html
- Strathmore Marker Smooth Surface pad:
- https://www.dickblick.com/products/strathmore-500-series-marker-pads/?clickTracking=true&wmcp=pla&wmcid=items&wmckw=12483-1023&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0O3Qk43X3wIVhrbACh32gAGqEAQYAiABEgJxJPD_BwE OR Borden & Riley Boris Layout Paper for Markers
- tracing paper
- masking tape
- mechanical pencil
Instructor will provide handouts, paper samples and other writing tools to try out.