Gold Coast, Australia
Sure you know that, as Shakespeare said, “All the world’s a stage”, but what if you could control the destiny’s of the actors with a mere movement of your fingers? What if a theater was something small and the actors more manageable. If ultimate directorial power is what you seek, then Thumbelina Theater is right up your alley. In this workshop you will create a stage using a hand-held mirror and small found objects. The tiny performers will be created from clay and modified bits, doodads and thingamabobs. By the end of class you will have a miniature theater right in the palm of your hand.
What you need:
- A hand-held mirror – could be fancy or it could be something you pick up at Wal-Mart. Remember it will be modified so don’t spend a fortune on it.
- A variety of found objects and doodads that the stage and characters will be made of. Items like watch parts, gears, typewriter parts….just about anything, really. Look for things that are interesting shapes or designs.
- Fabric, cheesecloth and/or burlap to adorn the character
- Aves 2 part Apoxie Clay 1 lbs min.
- Paint Brushes (a couple small detail brushes, and some cheap brushes (1/2 inch to 1 inch in size)
- Tiny Magnets no bigger than a penny
- Aves Clay 1 lbs or less
- Paints: Acrylic (Golden brand -preferably fluids – the tubes and jars will work too, the colors are the key) – Quinacridone Nickel Azo Gold, Titanium White, Carbon Black, Van Dyke Brown, Pthalo Blue, Quinacridone Crimson, Pthalo Green, Dioxazine Purple
- Optional Paints – Interference or Iridescent colors (metallic colors)
- Optional Things to bring – Heat gun, Dremel with cut off wheel and sanding drum.