Mixed Media Jewelry
John Creighton Petersen
One Day Workshop
Take your love for mixed media to a smaller scale in this workshop that focuses on teaching the fundamentals to creating a variety of different wearable pieces of art. This workshop is for all skill levels, exploring different techniques for transforming the ordinary into extraordinary!
You will complete four different projects in this class, building on each project to reinforce techniques while learning new ones! These projects include:
- ‘basic’ bezel with a faux-dichro background
- open back bezel with resin
- texturized antique flaming heart
- layered mixed media domino
Although the projects in the workshop are focused upon making jewelry, the majority of the techniques explored in this workshop can easily be adapted to any mixed media project.
Student Supplies to bring to workshop:
- ‘basic’ creative supplies (scissors, craft knife, your other ‘essential’ creative tools)
- paint brushes in a variety of sizes (detail brushes)
- palette knives
- craft mat
- ‘heavy duty’ adhesive like Liquid Fusion (or similar) that can quickly set a variety of different materials
- because this workshop is meant to be an expression of yourself, please bring your personal found objects, charms, ephemera, etc that you may want to incorporate into jewelry.
Optional Student Supplies:
- ‘bling’ that you may want to add to your jewelry like rhinestones, crystal beads, etc.
- flat nose pliers, wire cutters and other jewelry tools (if you don’t want to share with other students)
- bezels that you would like to make into jewelry
Workshop Kit Fee: $40
- resin and related supplies
- variety of texture pastes and inclusions
- paints, mica powders, and other materials for adding color
- all ‘bases’ for jewelry (bezels etc)
- limited selection of found objects and ephemera
- basic chain necklaces
Please don’t hesitate to send me an email (email@example.com) with any questions about supplies needed for class, found objects that can be used, etc. For more samples of completed projects visit artnewwave.com or my Instagram (artnewwave).