Tiny Dollandia Kids
Saturday 22 April
One Day Workshop
Join us for a day of doll making in Dollandia!
You will learn Sunny’s techniques for painting a little girl (or boy if you prefer!) of your own. You will learn how to paint a dolly from your own imagination, how to build a simple armature and how to sew it all together. These dolls will be tiny and more adorable than you can possibly put up with!!
- A piece of UltraSuede, 8” x 10” (the size is not important. You could instead bring several smaller pieces). I like a cream or off-white color, but anything that appeals to you is great. You can get this on Etsy. https://www.etsy.com/listing/128130259/ultrasuede-white-package-3-8-x-10-pieces?ref=shop_home_active_5 If you are using some other brand, just make sure it doesn’t unravel. It has to be nonwoven to make it easy to work with.
- Wool Felt – I like the wool or wool blend. Not the acrylic. You can also get this on Etsy.
- Golden Fluid Acrylics: Titan Buff, Titanium White, Burnt Umber Light, Pyrole Red Light, any other colors that you like.
- Faber-Castell Pitt Pen size XS
- 18 gauge wire
- Small Wire Cutter
- Masking Tape
- Brushes: Small Filbert, Small Liner. My very favorite brush for details is a Princeton 10/0 Filbert.
- A small amount of stuffing
- Needle and thread
- Small Scissors