Soldered Heart Locket
Sunday 9th April
One Day Workshop
Learn how to make a heart locket that actually opens! Robin has come up with a brand new, technique based soldered project that can be made into a brooch or pendant. Learn soldering techniques to make a heart bezel with wings and hinges to open and close your pendant. Decorative soldering techniques to embellish your wings will be covered as well.
Your kit will have everything you need and includes; glass heart, rhinestone chain, images to choose from, rhinestone embellishment, filigree, copper foil tape, pre cut tin wings, hand made heart bezel, findings, vintage lace, velvet and tinned wire.
- Soldering iron with 3/16 inch chisel/bevel tip (not cone shaped) I use Hakko FX-601 from glasssupplies.etsy.com
- coiled stand w/sponge for your iron
- lead free solder (I use Canfield DGS). Do not bring solder that looks like wire
- fire proof surface like a small tile
- cross lock tweezers or hemostats
- burnishing tool (bone folder or similar)
- jewelry pliers: small round nose, chain nose and cutters
Kit fee $35