Wings of Love
Thursday 6th April
One day workshop
The story of Cupid’s life is one of myth and legend dating back to ancient Greece and Rome…
We will be creating a beautiful and unique pendant featuring an elegantly detailed casted silver-plated winged Cherub.
I am so excited to share how to solder and “gilde” Sandra Evertson’s Relics and Artifacts® Resin Heart blanks. As a design team member, I am the first to use my unique soldering approach on her inspiring product line!
We will be securely soldering all embellishments; Cherub, embossed banding, charms, medals, *vintage elements and *rhinestone jewels, and stamped word. The pendant is your design and can be created using a spiritual theme, or a theme of your choosing (french, steampunk, lot’s of bling)!
- Students will work with the Relics & Artifacts heart blank for prep in soldering.
- Students will use a soldering iron to apply solder and add a “gilded” technique using a rubber stamp to the front & back of heart.
- Students will securely attach embellishments and banding while soldering.
- Students can hand stamp a word to be soldered to pendant.
- Students will create a wire bail and connector.
KIT FEE – $40 – payable to instructor at class time and includes:
All materials to create one “gilded” *Heart Pendant; rubber stamp (Deb’s special Gilded Relic’s stamp), silver-plate casted Cherub with Wings, small Crown, embossed Banding, and wire for bail and connector.
Includes Instruction and Resource sheets.
*Kits include two large hearts with flames & a Milagros Heart
~All vintage embellishments will be provided by students.
Instructor will share:
- wire cutters
- bailing pliers (7mm x 9mm)
- Wrap ’n Tap pliers
- Letter Stamps (I will bring 2 sets to share)
- Novocan Black (patina)
- 0000 steel wool
- metal sand paper
- baby wipes
- paper Towels
- Soldering equipment. If you do not have soldering equipment, click this link for all the soldering equipment. Great prices and customer service.
- *100 Watt Soldering Iron (Weller 100 is the brand I use and encourage)
- Soldering Iron Stand
- Flux, flux brush, Sal Ammoniac Block, lead free solder
- Heat resistant surface (Fire brick,or silicone baking mat)
- Small cookie sheet, or towel to protect venue table from solder
- Hardware Store Pliers (for soldering)
- Bailing Pliers (7mm x 9mm) (I can share)
- Wrap ’n Tap Pliers (I can share)
- Jewelry Tools – Round, Chain and Flat Nose Pliers, Flush Cutters
- Chasing Hammer, Bench Block and Bench Pad, or small towel
- Letter Stamps ~ project size 6mm (I will bring 2 sets to share)
- Extension Cord, and/or power strip
- Embellishments – vintage rhinestone jewelry (earrings, small pins, destash to cut apart and solder), crosses, spiritual medals, fleur de lis, small found objects
ear plugs if desired