Wednesday 5th April
The origins of ballet lie in the court spectacles of the Renaissance in France and Italy, and evidence of costumes specifically for ballet can be dated to the early fifteenth century…
Please join me as I share my romantic vision of dance as we design our own unique miniature ballerina tutu’s using pre-sculpted bodices that I have lovingly made for you.
Don’t we love playing with tule, lace, beaded trims and a bit of bling? You may choose to wear your beautiful work of art as a pendant!
We will also design a textural mixed media canvas to embellish and display your beautiful tutu when not wearing her!
It’s all about beautiful details as we layer techniques, mediums, and embellish our unique works of art!!
- Applying antiquing mediums, design and dress pre-made bodice templates. Students will supply lace, tule, beaded trims and embellishments such as small vintage gems, rhinestones, montes, beads, etc.
- Instructor will supply pre-made sculpted template, tiny antique brass hanger and thin ribbon
- Thinking outside the box using *materials provided by instructor to create a multi-textural canvas. I will also include a stamping embellishment to hang your removable tutu pendant on.
KIT FEE – $25 – payable to instructor at class time and includes:
A pre-made sculpted bodice, thin ribbon, antique brass hanger. Canvas: All materials to create a multi-textural canvas. An antique brass embossed stamping. Use of antiquing mediums, and paints.
*All vintage embellishments will be provided by students.
Student Supply List
- A suggested selection: Tule, lace, beaded trims, ribbon, sari silk, tiny ribbon flowers, etc. (Note… you may want to “tea”, or “coffee” stain your lace, etc. before coming to class)
- Embellishments: Vintage gems, rhinestone chain, monetes (3mm, or smaller), additional stampings, findings and small found objects.
- 2 Paint Brushes ( for applying paint, and adding color embellishments & antiquing medium)
- Crafting Mat, or Silicone Mat
- Crafting Heat Gun, or Blow Dryer
- Needle & Thread (to match lace, etc.)
- Optional: preferred antiquing medium (I use Walnut Ink), paints, Ott Lite, Extension Cord/Power Strip
I can not wait to share this beautiful project with you!! Let’s inspire each other while we travel this romantic mixed media journey together!!